HookSur is a free windows desktop application for remotely controlling PowerPoint presentations using a Microsoft Surface Pen’s top button.
No installation is required; just unzip the package into a folder of your choice and launch the application (see the last section of this page if you encounter a Windows security warning). Make sure that ‘Hook’ box is checked, load your PowerPoint presentation and use the following methods to navigate:
– Long Click (click and hold)-> to start the presentation
– Single Click -> navigate to next page
– Double Click -> navigate to previous page
This application is distributed under Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License for both non-profit and commercial use.
To check whether HookSur is receiving input from the pen:
– Un-check the ‘Trap pen clicks’ box
– Try clicking on your pen. If HookSur is receiving input from it you should see a green box light up next to each key-code box.
– If you don’t see any of your clicks, the pen might not be paired with your device. See How to pair your pen with your device
Is this application free of malware, spyware, adware, ….ware??
Yes, all of the applications on this site are free of those things. When you first try to run the program on your tablet you might receive a security warning from Windows. To waive the warning, click on the more info link, then click “Run anyway” button. You are receiving the security prompt because the the application is not digitally signed (unfortunately I have no means to do so at the moment).